Tuesday, September 6, 2011

What She Read Book Club: Valley of the Dolls

votd2 

My copy looks like this, sans cover, and as of a few minutes ago the back cover too.

votd3

votd4

votd5

votd6 

Thanks Google for the photos. Stills from the movie and vintage poster.

If I post about fashion books I guess I should talk about other books I read. So raise your gin tonic with 3 limes, perfectly crushed glass to the How She Wore It: What She Read Book Club. Just call it HSWIWSRBC. For the month of September we will indulge in The Valley of the Dolls by Jacquline Suzann.  I inherited from my sister almost 15years ago. I asked her what “dolls” were and my ever so honest 19 years my senior sister told me they were pills. I finally read it when I was 19. And tonight I begin it again thank to the lovely boyfriend MD. He saw my copy and then picked on up for himself at an estate sale this weekend.   We often read books together, we geek out together. I think he’s in for a treat and you may be too. Let me know what you think. If you’ve read it give me your take. If you haven’t read it please join MD and I on a trip to the Valley.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read the book, but I did watch the movie about this book being written with Bette Midler. I'll have to go pick up a copy soon :-)

    ReplyDelete