Friday, July 22, 2011

A Garden Study

 

 

 

 

Before Summer loses her color I decided to capture my backyard and garden in their glory.  There are many nooks and crannies in the garden and I did m best to capture each little special bit. The pics are from both my moms and my own patio and garden. While the look similar  we have total different styles, but the overall look is very cohesive.

Most days and nights, if you call me this is where you’ll find me. I love growing all these special flowers. Collecting specimens from friends and random yards is a fun hobby. Finding seed pods is even more special because growing a plant from a seed found on another plant sort of makes the process more natural, full circle.

Often times if I am eating a particularly tasty fruit or veggie I will take the seeds right out and plant them. I took some seeds from a Raspberry in my frozen yogurt a while back, got the seeds and planted them. The seedlings are about 3 inches now.  Get excited!

Sharing my garden with friends always bring a multitude of joy. I counted at one time 60+ varieties of plant life. Lemons, grapefruit, avocados, and sometimes tomatoes and herbs are abundantly shared throughout the seasons.  Creating an environment that people enjoy leaves me with the best feeling. I love when people tell me how at home they feel in my garden whether it’s their first or hundredth visit.  I hope you enjoy this as much as I do.

Tell me, how does your garden grow?

No comments:

Post a Comment