Monday, August 1, 2011

A Point Of View: Los Angeles

 

july 27 010rd

july 27 009rd

july 27 015rd

july 27 018rd

july 27 034rdclr

 

To get to the Gerry Building or the Cal Mart you have to drive through a lot of muck in LA. Years ago  I noticed that if I take my eyes off the street level there are some pretty amazing old buildings. I collide into people when I am walking through Downtown LA because I am always looking up. It’s so pretty. I wonder about what they were before they became tenements or lofts. Mostly I think about the craftsmen and masons and how they worked before technology and modernism. Such art they created.  There are few pretty new buildings.  Many have the original signage remaining. I have an affection for old signs.  These pics were taken from the car at the end of my VERY long day. Crappy camera + moving car =  These photos.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment