Friday, September 14, 2012

Seeing Red

I got a few questions from the wary about wearing red lips, the right color, and a little bit of fear.
In my personal opinion wearing red lips is like taking your hair from jet black to blonde...leave it to the professional to get the color right, then take the style and such into your own hands.

If you haven't worn red lips before here are a few suggestions to help you make the leap:

  • It’s all in the texture. Maybe a sheer red works for like you like Maybelline Baby Soft Lips makes a nice sheer red. Not too slippery with a great color and it’s so light. This is one of my faves to wear on the days when I only want to do a little mascara and I’m just chilling at home or running errands. I am loving matte red because I hate that slippery glossy feel of lipstick. But I also love a good sheer red too.
  • Try make up brands you aren’t used to. Make up is just like jeans, all size 12’s are not created equal. Red is red is pink is rust depending on the designers interpretation don’t be afraid to try them all on in order to find your right fit.
  • How you wear it and apply it makes a difference too. Do you line your lips fill them in and then put the lipstick on? Apply to the bottom lip and rub your lips together? Apply one coat on your full mouth and then blot and reapply and blot again? There are many ways to apply your lipstick. Find out what works for you.

I use these techniques and tricks when searching for the perfect nude lip look too.

Do you have any lip tips? I’d love to hear about them. I work in fashion by profession but I am a constant learner too. Let’s share ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment